Wednesday 6 February 2008

Talk, CILIP


Presentations posted to Slideshare: 1 (good)
Above you should find embedded my presentation given on 29 January 2008 at the annual general meeting of the CILIP Commercial Legal and Scientific Information Group, in London. I firstly present some basic information about Second Life. I go on to talk about my own experience as educator, researcher, shopkeeper, procrastinator etc etc. I talk about the value of SL in business and professional life, and indicate opportunities for library and information professionals. This is the meeting where people were merry and asked nice questions.

I'll also mention that the CILIP (Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals) Office has vanished, along with the Wales1 sim it was in. My gift of an ikebana was returned to my Lost and Found, so I zipped over and found a primless landscape - rather soothing. Anyway this prim-free zone was only there for a few days, then phut! gone. I emailed someone at CILIP HQ and they said they don't think they'll have a new office in the near future as they need to concentrate on core member services. Hmmm......

No comments:

The blog of Sheila Yoshikawa on her adventures in Second Life. This may be very thrilling. Or possibly not.