Friday 25 September 2009

The eyes have it

Eyes missing: 1 (v.v. bad); Boots bought: 2 pairs. And lots of flats. And some sandals (good)
Am prompted to blog by disconcerting occurrence yesterday. Was out shopping for boots when suddenly noticed something odd in the ocular region. When looked closer realised that problem was complete lack of eyeballs.

This is a good look for Halloween, but not for chairing an Information Literacy Week in Second Life planning meeting (what I was about to do).

Was still Wearing my eyes, so assume that texture has disappeared from Linden Labs database. Once they disappear, they seldom return (cf. My Body Small Feet shape, which seems to have gone for good). This is v.v. sad, since they were Indigo eyes from Miriel that have had for almost whole of my Second Life. They were one of my first purchases, and I loved them dearly. Since Miriel has closed her shop, not much point in contacting her, either.

Fortunately I bought a clutch of eyes from her shop before it closed, and so in the 2nd pic you see me in Miriel's Winter eyes, which are also lovely, but not the beautiful deep blue of the Indigo ones.

I took a little comfort from my footwear. After 2 attempts had managed to snaffle a Sugarcube dress I was after (the first time the sim was too full, the 2nd time the dress inexplicably was not set to buy) and had decided that red boots were the thing. After some browsing round Js (which has a new boots line on sale), went to Tesla's, and invested in these snazzy peeptoe numbers. Subsequently heard about the "any shoe 25 Linden" sale at A La Mood (formerly Pretties) and invested further in 1 pair pink ankle boots; 1 pair pumpkin clogs; 1 set black embellished flats; 1 pair 60's flats and 2 pairs of platform sandals.
I suppose that's quite a lot of shoes, really. However, I did have to take my mind off my eyes.


P.S. The hat didn't cost anything at all. Can delude myself that this makes it a cheap outfit.

2 comments:

Peter Stindberg said...

Don't be concerned, often switching the bodypart/clothing piece will return the testure - so does (frequent) rebaking. Something so widely in use like Miriel's eyes will probably never vanish from the database. If they are really lost, I think I still have a copy as I bought all o her eyes before she closed (and as transfer versions for cases like this).

Sheila Yoshikawa said...

Thank you! That is very kind. As you can tell from the next post I paniced too soon. I think it was because those eyes, and the Ryuzaki hair from Kin, were two items that I bought very early on to make me "me", and which I still wear a lot (in fact most of the time, as regards the eyes). With most other things I think I'd be a good deal more phlegmatic.

The blog of Sheila Yoshikawa on her adventures in Second Life. This may be very thrilling. Or possibly not.