Sunday 15 November 2020

New home; an artist's life

 No. of homes: at least 3, plus whole island (bad); 50 prim challenges taken: 1 (good)

Was prompted by post by Chic Aeon to do challenge to furnish home with just 50 LI (or prims, in old money). Chic had started with furnishing cute home in new fantasy sim Seaclaid, and seemed that was v. cheap to rent there, so did not hesitate to TP in, view available homes and snap up flat above Irish pub. Only 100 Linden per week and of course am in dire need of home since only have:

  • Cottage in Rosehaven
  • Half a sim in Noyo
  • Whole island (Infolit iSchool)

and that is without Dimitrova's parcel in wherever it is, and houseboat in Bellisaria, which obvs don't count as she is alt.

Anyway Seaclaid is v. cute and flat has great position with views of harbour and town square. Was going to furnish it in 60s peace/love/hippy style, but then was dropped notecard by sim owner that reminded me sim was high fantasy. Suppose it shows that one person's high fantasy is someone else's normal, since it hadn't struck me the sim looked PARTICULARLY fantasy, at least not more than any SL sim. For me was bit like various places I've been in physical world, so suppose is result of me seeing quaint and weird RL stuff as same old same old. In fact pub which I live over struck me as being archetypal pseudo Irish pub circa mid 20th century, as seen in most capitals of Europe, but anyway is nice space and have furnished it as Artist's hangout.

Can see am going to have great time churning out Views of Seaclaid and selling to gullible tourists. Found EXACTLY THE RIGHT TABLE to sit at while staring out the window and  thinking of things to do instead of getting down to writing. Is lucky chance that managed to drag it out of inventory since it was called My vintage art studio / Gacha {1} and think I found it when was actually looking for more things to put in artists loft. 

This is me looking moodily out of window wondering if poor light (dusk + insufficient prims to have more than one candle) lets me off doing any more on that literature review have been working on for over a year. I think the answer must be yes.


No comments:

The blog of Sheila Yoshikawa on her adventures in Second Life. This may be very thrilling. Or possibly not.